I finished three books in January! There was a time when three books read in a week would have been a slow week, but at this point of my multi-year reading slump, I’m thrilled by three in a month.
- The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal by KJ Charles.
- Eight Flavors: The Untold Story of American Cuisine by Sarah Lohman – really interesting look at some of the more popular spices of American cooking, which aren’t all exactly what I was expecting.
- City of the Lost by Kelley Armstrong – new mystery series, female detective as narrator, found on the new books rack at the library. I like the premise of the book and series, but the whodunit was given pretty short shrift in the end, all TELL TELL TELL rather than show. It was disappointing, given all of the set up, but maybe a function of being the first in a new series. I’d be willing to try the next book in the series.
Non-book consumer-y things lately:
- Graze – tried it after hearing an add on Gastropod (I think). I like the ability to select flavors or block ingredients. The weekly box is too much, but maybe every other week. Or just buying certain snacks. So far, my favorite snack is the cocoa orange bites, which come with green tea.
- Third Love – bras. Not cheap, but really comfortable and well-fitting. Also, they ship and you have 30 days to try and return, which is not something you can generally do with bras
- MeUndies – Xmas gift! Love these, so comfortable. Most of the patterns aren’t really me, but they are comfortable enough that I don’t care.