I spent August reading…I don’t know what. Material for class as I crammed for the final on M&A. And fan fiction. And I spent a lot of time reading and then re-reading the new Aaronovitch.
1. Broken Homes by Ben Aaronovitch. Urban fantasy, fourth book in the Peter Grant/Rivers of London series. I have a lot to say about this book but 1) can’t figure out how to do so without spoilers and 2) feel like it isn’t appropriate to post about since the book isn’t due out in the US until February.
2. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen. YA. Standard Dessen, which is to say that it was well-written but not terribly different from any of the last few books by Dessen that I’ve read.
3. Blood of Tyrants by Naomi Novik. Alternate history, fantasy. Middling installment of the series.
4. Glitterland by Alexis Hall. Gay fiction. Beautifully written but not a keeper.
5. Junk by Josephine Myles. Gay fiction. Loved the way the hoarding was addressed, not thrilled with the counselor-patient relationship.
6. Spook Squad by Jordan Castillo Price. Horror, gay fiction, Psycop series. Need to re-read this, a little ambivalent about how it ended.
I’m on vacation next week, and plan to lounge on the beach under an umbrella every day (assuming the weather cooperates), so my reading for September will be better. Or more numerous at least.